Designed using clinical research that links environmental factors to positive surgical outcomes, Dogwood Forest™ provides the optimal healing environment for seniors after hospitalization, a prolonged illness, or surgery.
The goal of our on-site* post- operative care program is to help seniors fully recover so that they can go back home, not back to the hospital.
Short-Term / Post-Operative Care Medicare Payment Cost Comparison
There are a variety of services that can be provided within a Dogwood Forest assisted living community and covered by Medicare, especially for post-operative recovery and respite (“short-term stays”) including:
- Rehabilitation including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Dentistry, Podiatry and Massage Therapy
- Skilled nursing through Home Health Care
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Physician and Nurse Practitioner Visits
What surprises many is how minimal the cost difference is between short term care in a Dogwood Forest community versus entering a skilled nursing rehabilitation community (“nursing home”), especially for longer stays. Home Health Care is actually significantly more expense and provides fewer services. While the cost difference between a skilled nursing facility and Dogwood Forest is minimal, the living and healing environments are vastly different.
- elegantly furnished suite
- 24-hour call system
- meals & snacks prepared to address therapeutic needs
- managing medications and change in condition
- caring, optimistic 24-hour on-site* nursing and care staff
- medical-alert call system
- coordinating physician ordered rehabilitative services
- wellness & exercise programs
- weekly housekeeping & laundry
- social & life enrichment activities
*provided on-site by third party providers.