It’s not easy to find a good Acworth memory care provider. Many senior communities say they offer memory care, but the actual care conditions don’t always live up to expectations. At Dogwood Forest Acworth, we pride ourselves on having developed one of the best memory care programs in the country. Our dedicated neighborhood for Alzheimer’s and dementia residents offers top quality care, luxurious surroundings and an intentionally designed living environment that meets seniors’ needs.
A few features of our memory care neighborhood include:
- A stress-free environment. One of the keys to happiness when living with dementia is reducing stress and frustration to an absolute minimum. The less stress a senior faces, the less likely they are to become restless, agitated or upset. Dogwood Forest achieves this by providing attentive care and taking care of all day-to-day needs, allowing your loved one to relax and enjoy life.
- Staff who understand seniors with dementia. Not every caretaker knows how to maximize health outcomes for seniors with dementia. Our memory care staff are specially trained and are patient, helpful and friendly when working with residents. They know how to redirect restlessness and connect with confused seniors.
- Reminiscence Therapy. One of our leading memory care therapies is Reminiscence Therapy, an approach that uses a variety of activities to connect seniors with their long-term memories. These memories are less susceptible to the forgetfulness of dementia and can help put seniors at ease.
- Music, art and multi-sensory therapy. Our staff use a variety of proven therapies to work with dementia residents, including using music and art to connect seniors with their memories. We choose therapies that have been shown to slow the progress of dementia.
- A brain-healthy diet. All of our fine dining quality meals are prepared with a variety of brain healthy ingredients including natural antioxidants and “superfoods.”
- Physical, social and spiritual wellness. Physical fitness and social time have both been connected to positive outcomes for Alzheimer’s patients, and so has having a sense of purpose in life. We use a variety of programs, including spiritual activities, to enrich the lives of our memory care residents.
Additionally, residents benefit from all the amenities of Dogwood Forest’s assisted living community, including spacious grounds, fun recreational activities, an on-site nurse and a comprehensive personal care plan.
We invite you to see our memory care community for yourself. Contact us today with questions or to set up a tour.
SCHEDULE A TOUR OF OUR COMMUNITY