Finding a good Dunwoody memory care community isn’t easy. It seems like every senior community now says they offer memory care, but the truth is many of them don’t have the staff or training to live up to that promise. At Dogwood Forest Dunwoody we’ve carefully built up a true memory care program for seniors with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, one that meets their needs and achieved positive health outcomes.
Just a few of the benefits of Dogwood Forest’s memory care neighborhood include:
- A worry-free environment. Few things can cause confusion and irritability to spiral out of control as quickly as stress and anxiety. We design our memory care environment to be stress-free. Staff are on hand to assist with grooming and hygiene, and give residents abundant personal attention to make sure their needs are met.
- Staff trained to manage dementia. Not just any caretaker can provide memory care. Our staff receive special training that allows them to understand and communicate with residents suffering from dementia. All staff are patient and friendly while helping redirect residents who are experiencing confusion or restlessness.
- Reminiscence Therapy. One of our best tools in working with memory care residents is Reminiscence Therapy, a non-drug therapy that helps seniors access long-term memories. These memories are more resistant to dementia and can help root seniors in a sense of time and place, alleviating confusion and frustration.
- Music and full-sensory therapies. Often, music and other sensory experiences can access memories that otherwise seem to be completely gone. Our staff use a variety of non-drug therapies with proven, evidence-based results. These therapies can reduce restlessness and agitation and even slow the progression of dementia.
- Brain-healthy meals. Diet has been shown to have a huge impact on brain health. We prepare meals that are not only delicious, but also include ingredients with proven brain health benefits, including those rich in antioxidants and so-called “superfoods.”
- Physical, social & spiritual wellness. Memory care residents benefit from a variety of programs that are not only fun and meaningful, but also help them meet their needs for physical exercise, spiritual fulfillment, and social interaction, all of which have positive health outcomes.
All of this is in addition to the already remarkable standard of care that all Dogwood Forest assisted living residents receive, which includes an on-site licensed nurse, a personalized care plan, 24/7 emergency response and a carefully designed community that meets all of a senior’s needs.
Come and see for yourself just what makes Dogwood Forest’s memory care so different. Contact us for a tour today.