What is Assisted Living?
on September 17th, 2020 in Acworth Ga, Dunwoody, GA, Grayson, Grayson Ga., senior care | No Comments
What is assisted living and how does it differ from other forms of senior care options?
What services are included and why may it be the best choice for many families? If you worry about the safety of an aging loved one, especially if they are living alone, you may need to start considering your options and explore why assisted living in Dogwood Forest can be a logical choice.
What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living is a community of residents under the care of expert professionals providing long-term care services that enhance optimal health and prolong living for individuals that require assistance due to chronic illness, advanced age or traumatic injury.
Assisted living communities usually provide their residents with 24-hour supervision and assistance services and offer activities that uphold the independence, dignity, privacy, and quality of life of its residents. Services typically include the following:
- Personal care services
- Medication management
- Exercise and wellness programs
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Recreational and spiritual activities
- Arrangements for transportation
This option is ideal for senior adults (especially those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia) who require some degree of individualized assistance with at least one of the activities of daily living like bathing, dressing, and personal care.
What Makes It Unique?
Different assisted care options work best for people with needs that may not be met by loved ones. Often, unless a loved one can live safely independently, aging in place may not be a viable option. This leaves family caretakers with many difficult choices: nursing homes, retirement homes, residential care homes, and assisted living.
How does one differ from the other? Let’s take a closer look.
- Nursing Homes are traditionally for older and disabled adults under the helm of Medicare and Medicaid, who are unable to care for themselves and need 24-hour supervised care.
- Retirement Homes are perfect for those who want to live in a more active community setting and socialize with people their age.
- Residential Care Homes are more suitable for those who prefer to live with a smaller group of older adults in a home setting.
- Assisted Living Communities, such as Dogwood Forest combine the best features for providing individualized personal care and health services while ensuring the residents’ independence, dignity, and quality of life and promoting active family and community involvement.
Many families find that assisted living is simply the most logical choice for a assuring optimal health and personal care for their loved one, while providing a community that enhances optimal mental and emotional health through continued social interaction and activity.
Assisted Living: Experience the Dogwood Difference!
At Dogwood Forest, our residents’ health and well-being are our top priorities. We understand that the environment they live in significantly impacts their quality of life. Therefore, we do our best to provide them with assisted living as they’ve never seen or experienced before. We take pride in our people, physical infrastructure, and services: it’s what sets us apart from other assisted living communities. For inquiries, Contact Us today or call us at 404-996-1013.